A month ago I shared with you my second video renovation update, giving you an update on my home renovation project in the Junction Triangle and reminded you of my $10,000 challenge. Since then I have spent the last month dealing with an unexpected problem, which I’m sure you know what that means, cha ching & purchasing more finishes for the home. Now I’m back to show you via video what I had to deal with and what has been done inside the home.
Before we begin, here’s a recap of my challenge:
- I put myself on a $10,000 renovation budget, so I really have to get creative here and not go over the top, although there’s been instances where I already wanted too
- My timeline is to have it rented for March 1, 2013
- I’m hoping to find some young and hip family looking to call my house their home
- $10,000 cash
- $75 Home Depot gift card received as a Christmas present
- and any donations 😉
- $23,011.06, double yikes!
- over budget by $8,011.06 (I re-adjusted my budget last update to $15,000)
- I’m seriously taking donations
- Spent almost $2,500 on this “unexpected problem”
- Hopefully it will be rented for April 1, 2013
- On the plus side the amount spent includes all labour and appliances
- All my big purchases are out of the way, phew!
As always if you have any questions or comments, make sure to leave them below. Also if you’re thinking of renovating your Toronto home, but not sure which renovation will bring you the most value, make sure to send me a note, I will gladly come over and give you the 411.
[contact-form-7 id=”28″ title=”Contact form 1″]