On January 22, 2013 I started my $10,000 renovation challenge for the home I purchased in the Junction Triangle. This renovation was different from the others I had done previously and there were a lot of firsts for me. It was the first time I was working with such a small renovation budget, it was the first time I video blogged, it was the first property I bought without the intention of doing a full gut job & my first investment property. Just over 2 months later, I’m finally done the renovation and have listed the home for lease. Before I show you the big reveal, I present you with the last video update for this project. Thanks to all that followed along!
Before we begin, here’s a recap of my challenge:
- I put myself on a $10,000 renovation budget, so I really have to get creative here and not go over the top, although there’s been instances where I already wanted too
- My timeline is to have it rented for March 1, 2013
- I’m hoping to find some young and hip family looking to call my house their home
- $10,000 cash
- $75 Home Depot gift card received as a Christmas present
- and any donations 😉
- $26,037.62, ouch!
- over budget by $11,037.62 (I re-adjusted my budget 2 updates ago to $15,000)
- Hopefully it will be rented for April 1, 2013
- The home looks amazing and can’t wait to share it
As always if you have any questions or comments, make sure to leave them below. Also if you’re thinking of renovating your Toronto home, but not sure which renovation will bring you the most value, make sure to send me a note, I will gladly come over and give you the 411.
[contact-form-7 id=”28″ title=”Contact form 1″]